What happens when you accidentally eat moldy bread or moldy fruit? Could it be fatal?

225 views
0

What happens when you accidentally eat moldy bread or moldy fruit? Could it be fatal?

In: Biology

Several factors here but most depend on your immune status. Generally a little would not hurt you if you were otherwise healthy. Cutting surface mold on soft foods like bread does little as you can’t see the network beneath the surface. More dense foods such as cheese you can trim. You may have allergies. Some molds may produce toxins but if you are just eating a little rarely, it would most likely would never hurt you.

I accidentally ate bad bread. Right before I had to pick someone up. Had to stop and puke every 5 minutes for a couple hours. Still have a hard time eating white sliced bread years later. Didn’t die tho.